they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, March 03, 2006

my running buddies.

I run a lot on my own. But for long runs usually on Sundays and Thursdays, I run with these guys. They push me and make me run farther and faster than I would on my own. We ran the KC half marathon together last September, and we are running the full marathon together this October. The best thing, though, about having guy running buddies is that they ward off any attackers. Yes that's right, attackers. It is not safe for women to run on their own especially while plugged into an Ipod. So thank you, Brad and Mark, for allowing me to run my heart out while listening to "King of Pain" at full volume. I am forver indebted to you.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As long as we all stay out of the woods its a good time isn't it.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    My gosh, they're giants!

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    A very good observation and yet another reason why they ward off evil during our runs.

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger cmccown said…

    "king of pain?" you just got 10 notches cooler. maybe even 11.

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    yes, "king of pain." one of my all-time favorites. because the police is one of my all-time favorites.
    i'm glad you think i'm so cool.
    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home