they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

and the workload dies down

Seven Things To Do Before I Die
1. Write my memoir
2. Visit Israel
3. Go on a long-term mission trip
4. Run multiple marathons
5. Become a mother
6. Go back to school to get my master’s and Ph.D
7. Ski a black run

Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1. Roll my r’s.
2. Dive
3. Pretend like I don’t care
4. Forget people and memories.
5. Miss more than one day of running
6. Make myself like the taste of water
7. Stop thinking about the day when I will not only be a published author, but a published BOOK author.

Seven Things That Attract Me to Blogging:
1. I think someone is listening.
2. Much easier than keeping a journal
3. A creative outlet
4. I think I’m a pretty good writer
5. I’ve met some pretty cool “bloggers”
6. I like to see pictures of myself online
7. And to steal one from Chase, I can say "I have a blog"

Seven Things I Say Most Often:
1. Whatever2
. Um…
3. This is Jessi (when answering the phone at work)
4. How far are we running today?
5. I feel fat.
6. I’m stressed out.
7. My back hurts

Seven Authors I Love:
1. Toni Morrison
2. David Sedaris
3. Fyodor Dostoevsky
4. John McGregor
5. Donald Miller
6. William Faulkner
7. Barbara Kingsolver

Seven Movies/DVDs That I Could Watch Over and Over Again:
1. Much Ado About Nothing
2. Crash
3. Terms of Endearment
4. Friends (any season)
5. My Best Friend’s Wedding
6. In America
7. Pieces of April

Seven People I Want To Join In:You’re all tagged. Sorry.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    I had to ski a black diamond run once. My dad tricked me into doing it. He SWEARS he didn't do it on purpose, but this is the same man that encouraged me to eat an olive once that turned out to be an escargot, so I know he had it in him, and I simply don't believe that he had NO IDEA that the chair lift we were on took us to the top of the mountain at Mammoth, where we were then forced to ski down the front bowl.

    It's not the steepness that gets me. It's the moguls. (Is that how that's spelled? Oh, the bumpy things...you know what I mean.) And it took me about an hour to get down the face of that thing. I went back and forth across it, much like I did on our steep driveway when I was a kid learning how to rollerskate down a steep hill. It was exhausting, and very hard.

    And I'd do it again in a second. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home