they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, February 17, 2006

self portrait tuesday (on a friday)





i'm going to start doing this. i'm starting on a friday, which is slightly against the rules....


i stuck my tongue out in this picture because i hate the way my smile looks. i also figured my nose wouldn't look as big if i didn't smile all of the way. i don't know when i started hating my smile, but i prefer my face from the nose up. maybe it's because my top lip is so thin, or because i have freckles between my nose and my mouth, and they look like a moustache sometimes in pictures. maybe it's because i'm my worst critic or because i just can't be happy with the whole picture.

i never used to hate my nose. my mom has always hated hers and has talked for years about getting a nose job. she won't smile in pictures because she thinks it spreads too wide and looks too huge. no question about it -- i got her nose. i used to like my nose until i realized she hated it.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    I say BULLSHIT! Lindsay's right. You're beautiful. Irksomely cute.

    And if you want to get into conversations about noses, I'd trade mine for yours in a second. Your nose is the type I've always coveted. I'm got this long Roman nose thing going on.

    In fact, I got together with a bunch of old high-school friends over the holidays and one commented, "You're all exactly the same! Debbie is still cute as can be, Ann Nicole is still a fashion model, and Kat still has that unique nose."

    Dude, WTF?!? But you know, it makes me who I am. I'm not plastic, predictable, or perky. And the people who love me adore me for those very reasons. Roman nose and all. =-)

    LOVE YOURSELF. Your family and friends can't be wrong.

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Tony said…

    Nice pic. Michael Jordan used to do the same thing and it worked for him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home