they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, February 24, 2006

thinking

Is it just me, or does the entire city smell like lighter fluid on a hot summer night? It certainly has me craving some ribs.

So the Lance American Century 8-story tall "poster" is creating quite the buzz. And while I feel sorry for all of us who have to drive beneath his watchful eye, what about the people who work at AC and have lost what I'm sure was a coveted view of the Plaza. I'm sure staring at the back of a building-sized poster is really helping them get through the work day.

I checked out my site meter yesterday, and someone found me via an Internet search for "fat writer." I don't know what to think.

My legs are sore. I think it's because I wasn't able to run the entire first 13 days of February. I was in the hospital or on the slopes, and so I've tried to make up for it by running more than 40 miles since the 14th. It's a bit painful, but SO worth it.

Speaking of the hosptial and my lovely time there. I got my "this is not a bill, this is an explanation of benefits" in the mail yesterday. I was there two nights and two days and boy do I know how to rack up some charges. The grand total? $16,500. Yep. The total I have to pay? $100. Thank God for good insurance.

And last but not least, I am totally digging Built To Spill. If you haven't given them a listen, you should. The best news of all? They will be in Lawrence at the Bottleneck on April 19. Afraid to go to Lawrence like I am? Lucky you. They will also be making an appearance in Columbia April 17 at the Bluenote. Enjoy, and go Tigers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home