they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I never said that I was brave,
but I thought I was stronger than this.
And I wonder if I will always be so affected -
by chance and regret.
It’s just that I can’t seem to forgive my actions
and words,
and thoughts
and the way that I have sometimes thrived
on making a mess of things.
Still I know he’s forgiven the ugly parts,
because grace is this perfect sweater
soft
warm
heavy
thick
surrounding me so that I can't feel the things that make my skin turn cold.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you and nick sound so much like me and scott. i am the passionate, crazy one, and he is the logical, sensible one. and sometimes i pick a fight just to know the passion is there? does that make sense? stupid. yet somehow, the relationship works. MOST of the time?! :)

    I love the sweater analogy. Love it.

    Rach

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger AJ said…

    Rach already said it, but I will too: I dig the sweater analogy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home