they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

is that supposed to fit?

Why is it that the "bus lane" is not as wide as the actual bus? Probably because they tried to create a bus lane on a narrow midtown road that is ill-equipt for this type of thing. Just another reason to love driving in Kansas City. Trying to fit a bus in the bus lane is a lot like trying to squeeze into a pair of jeans that are two or three sizes too small. It just doesn't work and things end up sticking out all over the place. Today, I had to get two lanes over from the bus lane just to be able to pass the bus.

In somewhat related news, the first concert I ever attended was Kris Kross. I liked their song "I missed the bus." It was about missing a school bus. Lyrics: "I missed the bus, yo, and it is something I will never, ever, ever do again."

2 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger cmccown said…

    I was JUST telling my roommate about "I Missed the Bus" yesterday but she had no idea which song I was talking about. "Jump Jump" is such an obvious choice when discussing the musical stylings of Kris Kross.

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    Yes, "Jump Jump" or "Warm It Up"

    Warm it up Kriss! I'm about to. Warm it up Kriss! Cause that's what I was born to do.

    I'm so glad other people still think about the kids who wore their clothes backwards!

    For maybe you only, chase, check out this link. Blast from the past. http://www.music-critic.com/urban/krisskross_krossed.htm

    How old were we in 1992? 13?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home