they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

repeat.

i get obsessed with songs. right now, it's this one.

i listened to it all day. on the way to work. at work. on the way to my biopsy appointment. and then to my other appointment. and then now. now, i'm listening to it. singing it. working out the harmony. imagining what my life would be like if i had actually broken through my fear of singing in public. on stage. with other people. and an audience. and anyway. i had two biopsies today. and three on tuesday.

so i guess that means that when i turn 32, i'll have 7 scars from moles that shouldn't have been there. one that was almost cancer. and hopefully 6 that weren't. i'll know in two weeks. until then, i wait. and listen to songs on repeat. and try to remember that worrying is stupid. i mean, my ARM says "in darkness a light shines." in ink. in my SKIN. so, yeah. i need to be positive.

the glass if half full. the glass if half full. the glass is half full...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't even know you and I care about you. That's how personal and powerful your writing is. God bless you, I am glad you are back with your blog.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    thank you. i'm glad i'm back with it, too. i missed it. it's, strangely, a large part of me. like a limb...almost...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home