they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

open.

i'm, obviously, done with being silent. finished with trying to protect someone who deserves no protecting. ready to be honest. and open. and to speak truth. but not all at once. anyway, thank you for letting me be real. in my last post. and in general.

i know i'll probably piss off a few people. people who never believed me anyway. but, do you know what? i don't care.

it's more important to shine a light on things with dusty corners filled with secrets begging for a broom.

i'm ready to be the broom.

for my sake. and for the sake of other women who have not had the strength to leave. or for those who have, but haven't made peace with their decision yet.

so yeah, i'm an open book.

the current page is turned to the chapter: every weekend should be a three day weekend.

we'll see what chapter we land on next.

have a happy fourth.

-PG

3 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    Awesome.

    Just so you know, I've enjoyed the entire journey with you thus far. I feel like I've been reading since almost the beginning, and you have always - ALWAYS - been beautiful both inside and out.

    I hope you know that.

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    aw, thank you. that means a lot. and i think you have been reading since the beginning. thanks for that too.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger NellieGirl said…

    I'm new to blogging, and yours in particular, but have really enjoyed reading some of the older stuff. Looking forward to what's next. And I always appreciate a fellow opinionated lady.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home