they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

giving thanks.

this year, i am thankful for

my family
being able to live comfortably in a beautiful, cozy house
all of the people i've met since i lost my job
second and third chances
that i feel like a runner again
my church
my small group ladies
the three days a week i spend inspired by, and in awe of, other creatives
my other two freelance clients
john k, for hooking it up
the internet - man you are awesome
our ever-blooming magnolia
kolby and his brother, puja, the cat
my amazing best friend, my sister
my other, amazing in different ways, best friend, B
how easy it is to go running in my neighborhood
natural light
music - especially bon iver and conor oberst
justus drugstore, extra virgin, R bar and the westside local
the new, old, dime store
spell check
that i am not required to be an expert at excel
the people who are experts at it
original, hexagon tile
already refinished hardwood floors
words
being able to break grammar rules
conjunctions
bonds built over shared contempt for the exclamation point
my amazingly comfortable, yet stylish, bed
that my ring finger isn't empty anymore
god's grace
and
the promise of heaven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home