they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, January 28, 2008

let's talk about this diet...

this diet i'm on sucks. it's not to lose weight, so don't start freaking out on me and giving me the, "but you look emaciated," feedback. because first of all, i don't look emaciated and second of all, this diet is supposed to help my bladder. great. okay. but variety is no longer the spice of my life. in fact, i can't eat spices at all. nothing hot. nothing curried. nothing with soy sauce or tomato or whatever other yumminess i used to thrive on. so what has become my staple dinner? potato chips. kill me now.

today i changed it up and melted some feta on the chips. i feel like the personification of grease pit when all i want is lox and cream cheese. or pickled herring. or sushi drenched in soy sauce and wasabi and pickled ginger.

cry me a river, please. i'm being serious.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    I will cry you a river, sweet! Obviously, as everyone must know, I love food. Almost more than I love sleep.

    Hopefully, the time will come when you can eat like you used to, and the lox and cream cheese will be plentiful. In the mean time, I would assume that if you can eat potato chips, you can eat the sushi and just have it without the soy sauce? Are you allowed to eat fish and rice? I don't know what I'd do if someone told me I couldn't eat sushi for a given period of time. Lose my mind, probably!

    There must be other solutions, is my point. Bland diets suck, yes. But, again, if you can eat the potato chips, I'm confused about what you can't eat!

    I hope you're doing ok...

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    thanks for the sympathy!
    :)

    i can't eat sushi rice because i have to avoid vinigar. i've ordered sashimi with regular rice on the side. but i can't have soy sauce. so, i dipped it in melted butter with salt. it was a dissapointing alternative. boo.

    basically i have to avoid all acids. that's why fruit is off limits. and then almost everything on the shelves has citric acid or some sort of soy product added to it. even at the organic grocery stores. so yeah, the chips have like,nothing in them but salt and oil. they are safe.

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home