they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

something vague.


There's something about a bright eyes song that does this to me. it makes me listen to it on repeat for hours. days. consecutive weeks, even. today and yesterday and the day before it's been "something vague." here are the lyrics.



Now and again it seems worse than it is,
but mostly the view is accurate.
You see your breath in the air as you'll climb up the stairs
to that coffin you call your apartment.
And you sink in your chair, brush the snow from your hair and drink the cold away.
And you're not really sure what you're doing this for but you need something to fill up the days.

A few more hours.

There's a dream in my brain that just won't go away.
It's been stuck there since it came a few nights ago
And I'm standing on a bridge in the town where I lived as a kid with my mom and my brothers.
And then the bridge disappears and I'm standing on air with nothing holding me.
And I hang like a star, fucking glow in the dark, for all those starving eyes to see,
like the ones we've wished on.
But now I'm confused. Is this death really you? And do these dreams have any meaning?
No. No, I think it's more like a ghost that's been following us both.
Something vague that we're not seeing, something more like a feeling.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm really trying to learn to like the "new" poetry/lyrics in the culture, but i've got to tell you right now i'd rather read "The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere". Just keepin' it real.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger thedirtyknitter said…

    i do that with motion sickness...repeat repeat repeat repeat...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home