they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, January 11, 2008

last night.

i went to an industry event. for networking. and to see some cool creative. i don't like networking, but it's something i force myself to do. i figure, the more i do it, the more comfortable it will become, right? maybe.

anyway, across the room i noticed someone who i'd worked with on a project years ago. at another job. did i mention it was years ago? anyway, at the end of the event, he came up to me. i thought it was because he remembered me from when we worked together. but, he didn't. instead, he said that he reads my blog, noticed me from across the room, and had to come say hi.

i was flattered. and also began to wonder how many people that i see day-to-day recognize me from my blog? so many of you are anonymous readers. non-commenters. harmless observers.

but it would be interesting if you commented and told me if you've ever seen the likes of me out and about.

and, to the guy i met (again) last night, thanks for reading. and for saying hi. it was nice to meet you (again.)
:)

7 Comments:

  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger "The D" said…

    I've never seen you out. But I don't think hang at the same places, but maybe we do, I don't know.

    I've been reconized more than a few times. Some run-ins are good some not so good. But it is flatering. Kind of makes me feel like a D-list celebrity.

    Maybe I'll see you on a run this year.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    I've never had anyone recognize me in person. But I have had people comment or email me later and say, "I think I saw you the other day. Were you at such-and-such a place for lunch?" I wish they WOULD come up to me when they see me! It'd be fun. (And it might help explain things a bit for them...)

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    industry thing = bark art/copy club gathering?

    if so, skipped it. didn't know blog celebs would be in attendance. ;)

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    oh, D...you made a funy. D-list. get it?
    :)

    i'm sure i'll see ou on a run. i'm doing one here coming up really soon.

    faith, i recognized you in person. at target. remember? :)

    anonymous... you shouldn't skip things.

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Well, I must say I just started reading, but I like what I have read so far. Wait, I read your stuff all the time at work! So, I guess I am a HUGE follower!

    Hope you had fun at the gym tonight :-D

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    I've seen you out and about...but I knew you before your days of fame and fortune of blogging. So does that count? ;-)

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to see you when you lived in my hood. Could I take you out for noodles and wine?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home