they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

hi.

i don't like heights. i don't enjoy flying. i don't like not being in "control" of physical situations. why did i think i'd like parasailing? 800-feet above the water hooked in with nothing but a rope was not my cup-of-tea. i think i may have ruined the ride for my tandem. more time was spent reminding me to breathe than actually looking around at the shoreline and ocean and how tiny the boat looked below.

other than that mishap, it was a great trip. 80-degree weather. beaches. dancing. sand. running outside without winter gear. crab legs.

but on the way home, i realized that i'd never returned from a trip without coming home to mr. woof. i was feeling quite reflective on the flight back to this frozen tundra, and i ached. for gus. and for some semblance of home. i need to be better about defining what that is. maybe by next year, i'll feel more settled.

as a side note: i added up my miles for the year. i ran about 760. more than last year, but not my goal. for 2008, i'd like to run 1,000. here's to avoiding injury.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who did you go to Florida with?

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    It's not heights that bother me, it's depths.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I just realized today we never rsvp'd to say we couldn't come on the 7th to your housewarming. forgive me? i SUCK! i want to get together!!!!!!!!

    rach told me you hated the parasailing thing! I think I would too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home