they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

and so it is

I saw Blast this weekend. It was good. But it was also pretty annoying. The drum line stuff was fine, but the snare drum stuff was run-of-the-mill and showy. And then there were the overly excited ex-marching band audience members in their 50s who were way too vocal. Oh and the flag dancers. Probably the best flag dancers in the world or something, but at the end of the day, they’re still just the best flag dancers in the world. What can you really do with that skill?

Speaking of skill, I’ve always been on the fence about Blink 182. But I am not on the fence about Angels & Airwaves, Tom DeLonge’s new project. I love it. He’s all grown up and deep and pretty great really. He’s also a lot less whiny.

Now let’s talk about how network television is failing me. First, Chris gets voted of American Idol. I know. Shocking. So, I’m not watching that crap anymore. Then, Grey’s Anatomy offers up three hours of television genius in two days and then ends until the fall. I’m so sugar rush-high off the drama, the love triangle and the completely unethical medical practice that was displayed and not reprimanded that I’m not sure I can go an entire summer without finding out what happens. So many unanswered questions. So totally humiliating myself by admitting my obsession.

And in other, more normal news, I just got two new pair of running shoes in the mail. Now, I can start to rotate my shoes and they will last longer and I will be able to run farther and faster, which is important because marathon training starts June 5. Yesterday, I broke in the first pair and beat my normal 5-mile time by 2 ½ minutes. That’s right. Thank you, Asics

2 Comments:

  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i wonder if it was the actual shoes that did it, or the excitment of getting new shoes. sometimes getting new shoes is a great motivator.

    i posted a link of my new shoes. I'm OLD SCHOOL. :)

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    louie, i like your new shoes. and perhaps it was just the fact that i got new shoes that made me faster. but i'd like to believe that i am just THAT good :)

    mgh, taylor did a good job last night. i know, i said i wasn't going to watch it anymore. but, i did.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home