they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, May 05, 2006

yes, i'm having a bad hair day.

I feel like a sloth. And I’m starting to really buy into the “you are what you eat” mantra. Today, I am a yogurt parfait. And it doesn’t feel that great. Worse, though, was Wednesday. Then, I was Tijuana nachos a Fat Tire and some white chocolate chips. It’s times like this when being a vegan is again an enticing option. Times like this week when I haven’t really had the time or the energy to work out. When I’ve only run 10 miles total and when I’m anticipating my lovely, most favorite time of the month. Times when I feel like a jiggly pound of raw ground beef. Or worse — a jiggly bowl full of chocolate instant pudding or maybe a bowl full of queso dip with a large side of deep-fried tortilla chips. Yesterday, I was the personification of that and a margarita and some soy crisp and peanut butter and a south beach diet granola bar and some candy. Then, believe it or not, I felt sick. All night. So I didn’t get to run or to go to the gym or to even take a walk. Instead, I slept. All evening and then I kept sleeping until it was later than I wanted to get up in the morning. The most exercise I’ve gotten lately was this morning when I was rushing to get ready due to the extra 40 minutes of sleep I allotted myself due to the nausea and lack of energy. And to top this all off, I’m having an awful, horrible, piece of crap hair day. It’s making me want to cut it short like it used to be. Back then, I didn’t have bad hair days. Bad days, yes, but they mostly weren’t fueled by bad hair. Bad hair days are some of the worst days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home