they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, April 28, 2006

work.

Today there was a fundraiser breakfast at work with made-to-order omelets, biscuits and gravy and donuts. Not to mention breakfast burritos, bloody marys and mimosas. That’s right — bloody marys and mimosas at work. At 9 a.m. After breakfast was had, my team watched an hour of Predator. The movie. At work.

We worked today, too. Of course. But it doesn’t really feel like working. Not the way that I’m used to working feeling like — like a slow, drawn-out, suck-the-life-out-of-you process. Instead it’s refreshing and revitalizing and energizing and ridiculously fun. And when someone barks down the hall (which is what just happened) someone else yells out “What the F was that,” and then someone yells back, “A monkey.”
This is where I work.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    Can I work where you work? It sounds so awesome!!!!

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It kinda sounds like where i work...kinda

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger no room to spare said…

    Hi.
    I did a google search for something like
    karmic payback Missouri Tigers Confederacy
    and I came across your blog.
    .
    I liked your 2005 Border War entry and clicked around and found everything very charming.
    .
    I ran cc/track at MU in the early 90's, but quit because of track politics and J-School. Long story, it ended in me not being able to fly to Boulder to run in the Big 8's, and I was bummed. Work at the Missourian after running 13 at 6 a.m. on the MKT made my mind up for me.
    .
    I caught your mileage totals; they almost made me cry. My friend bribed me to join him for a triathlon in June, so I've been trying to get out the few days it hasn't been icy or raining here in Chicago.
    .
    Anyway, liked your blog and your writing. You probably would've run me into the ground even when I was 20. So, good luck. I bet your friends are happy to have you.

    Ken

     

Post a Comment

<< Home