they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Inconsistency

I have been very inconsistent lately with my use of punctuation. I am an editor and writer by trade, and I think that’s why I take so many liberties on my blog. I love not capitalizing entire posts — even though the thought of in the 'real world' letting a misspelled, miscapitalized word miss my editorial eye and head off to be published makes me squeamish. But blogging is different. To me, at least.

I also hate the fact that I used the word “very” as an adverb in the first sentence of this post. Very is a word that says nothing. Forgive me for using it to describe my insane inconsistency. I am very sorry.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't "very" an adjective, not an adverb...just checking. Let me know if I am wrong.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    when very is describing an adjective, like inconsistent, which was describing me, it's an adverb :)

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's why you're the writer. Thanks for the lesson.

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    eecummings,anyone?isntveryanadverbyesyoujustansweredthatquestion

     

Post a Comment

<< Home