they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

And then, we were finished.

Thanks to the Kansas City Star's, community faces link, I give you my Brew-To-Brew team's final runner, Mark Vanderweide. He ran a crazy-fast last leg and finished the 44 miles for us strong. (We actually finished an hour quicker than the clock behind him claims. It started at 6 a.m. when the first group of runners took off. We were in the 7 a.m. group.)

5 Comments:

  • At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good pic. I can't believe Mark is famous now!

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    I totally should have run the last leg! It's all about the fame and glory.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    Ohmygod...44 miles. You must stop writing about this, as I get tired every time I come here and read about it. I don't know how you do it, girlie! Very impressive, really...

    Especially as you had to do all this on a cold and icky day at 7 in the morning. Bravo. Seriously.

    Hope your legs and feet are feeling better!!

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    remember, i only ran 9.3 miles of the 44. it was a relay race.
    :)

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    I know, but STILL! You're talking to a girl that likes to stick to the nice, happy pace of 1 mile/20 minutes on her treadmill each day, ok? So let's see...9 miles would take me about 3 hours to complete at that pace...very cool.

    I used to run back in college when a PE coach I had gave me a great tip for a style of running that worked really well for me. But after I graduated from college, I went to the gym once with the Twin, and she proceded to make fun of that style of running...and I haven't been able to get my stride back ever since. Weird, eh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home