they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, March 27, 2006

a note to men

while the fact that many of you still hold doors for me is nice, if i am three or four flights of stairs away from the door, don't worry about me. otherwise, i feel obligated to hurry, which makes the whole walking down stairs thing kind of hard and i usually trip or do something else that looks very cool and awesome.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Roldy said…

    You do have to judge it right! I have been known to start holding a door and then change my mind when I've seen the person is a little ways away, by which time they have politely started to hurry so when the door shuts in their face it looks like I did it on purpose...

    And, cheap observation this, but surely it has been a while since door holding was a gender specific gesture no? Or is that just me?

    Just moved to KC and checking out local blogs thru KC bloggers...

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    it's certainly not gender-specific. but because i'm a woman, i'm commenting on men because typically, other women don't hold a door for me for four or five flights of stairs.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I could be wrong on this but maybe they just want to check out your ass...:-)

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Roldy said…

    Aaah I get what's going on here. Men eh? Fantastic. We live at the crossroads of chivalry avenue and ass checkin' road

    Nice blog - reminds me of a friend's blog in London called strugglingauthor.blogspot.com

    Maybe you should compare notes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home