they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, October 16, 2009

ready?

i have my race packet. my bib number. my timing chip. my bag packed. the coffee ground and in the french press. a carb/protein lunch in my stomach. a carb/protein dinner in my future. my alarm set for 4:30 a.m. my friend/former creative director picking me up at 5:50 a.m. gun at 7 a.m. B plus my dad waiting for me at the finish. with a camera. and my sweatshirt and an organic sportsdrink and some muscle rub. and a hug and a high-five. and i haven't done this in FOUR years. and i'm freaking. and i hope my leg holds out. and i really want to finish. and i'm nervous. and excited. and wow, i have to get up early. and i remember the rush after finishing feeling a lot like the rush i felt after getting my tattoo. so i'm looking forward to that. and to the nap i'll take when i get home. and then to food, glorious food. and anyway, here's to 13.1. miles. tomorrow. (deep breath.)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    gooooo jessie! you can do this! woot! (wow, i hate when people say 'woot'.)

    oh my gosh, my verification word was "palin". that's funny.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home