they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, October 08, 2009

loves.

i'm obsessed with "hannah" by ray lamontagne. i know it's old. i've been obsessed with it for awhile. i've just never admitted it to the internets. so there, i am. it just makes me feel so...aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.

take these lyrics for example:

In a cold and lonely room
sweep the floor with your long flowered dress
if you cannot find a broom.
Come to me Hannah
Hannah won't you come on to me?
I'll lay down this bottle of wine
If you'll just be kind to me.
She's got hair that flows right down--
right down to the backs of her knees.
Her Papa he was a preaching man
and the lord is hard to please.
So she comes down from the ozark hills to these very streets to roam
with a banjo and a bible and a fine tooth comb.
Come to me Hannah,
Hannah won't you come on to me.
I'll lay down this bottle of wine if you just be kind to me.
I'd walk one mile on this broken glass
to fall down at your feet.


(sigh)

in other love news, today is b's 40th. so i made the ugliest german chocolate cake i've ever seen. and in moments, i'll make drawn butter, crab legs, salad and garlic bread. love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home