they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

the numbers.

so i got blood work done on monday. i wanted to check my cholesterol because high cholesterol runs in my family. i got the results via email today. total cholesterol: 210.
my LDL was at a fine level. my HDL was at a fine level. but TOTAL, it was too high.

the email from the nurse at my doctor's office suggested i:
start jogging, walking or swimming
and
eat better

i run 30 miles a week. i don't eat badly.

i'm frustrated.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    Aw, I bet you know this already, but those damned genes will find a way get you somehow! I'd rather have to take cholesterol meds than have to deal with the Bavarian Bulk that I inherited from my ancestors! Hopefully, in a year, you'll be at a more normal, happy level again. :)

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger May said…

    That sucks! Sorry to hear it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home