they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

don't get your hair cut when you have a fever.

i'm sorta obsessive about my hair. i consider it my "signature." and even though the style has changed over the years, i like to think it's always looked good. enviable, even. i mean, strangers often ask me where i get it cut and for the phone number.

this all ended tuesday. i'd been putting off a haircut since march - due to the unemployment - but i could wait no longer. i wanted to keep most of the length i'd added over the last six months, but needed it shaped-up a bit. some layers. some cute, edgy bangs. something more "me" than just long hair that hangs.

so, i sat down in the chair and handed my hairdresser a photo of what i was thinking. and then, my fever got higher and i sorta went into this delirious state. and when it was all said and done, i walked out with a weird shaggy, mulletesque, mop on my head. the worst part? the shortest layer is ear-length. (the TOP of my ear.) i worked so HARD on growing that out.

so tomorrow, i'm going to see if i can get it fixed. but i might have to go short again - and this makes me very sad.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger May said…

    oh no! Bad haircuts are so painful :( Here's hoping it can be transformed into something you like.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home