they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, August 03, 2009

buyin' what they're sellin'.

i bought body lotion from whole foods yesterday. it's natural, good for me and is supposed to make my skin feel like silk.

i was excited to slather it on.

so i began. slathering. and rubbing it in. and rubbing it in. and wow, it took a long time to get my skin to even attempt to absorb it.

so i thought, "maybe i didn't wait long enough after my shower to use it?" and i kept rubbing.

two minutes later, i suggested to myself, "maybe i used too much. this lotion is probably so good that i only need a little bit to get the desired results." and i kept rubbing.

close to five minutes later, i decided that it wasn't working, which meant, there was obviously something wrong with ME. my skin must not be normal. because the bottle says it's the best lotion i'll ever try. and that my skin will be taken to new levels of moisturized, silky-smoothness. and whole foods is an honest company and they love me and my family and people and the earth.

yes, i decided, there is something wrong with me, not with the lotion.

and that, my friends, is the power of advertising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home