they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

car selling...

sucks.

this is a tidbit of an email chain from one interested buyer.

This is the first email i got from him:
Hi i am a cash buyer have traded my acura in today i am looking for a small hatch please give a number to call if the car is till avilable.

i told him it was still available.

then he tried to low ball me. which is not okay. at least not yet. so i told him it's actually a savings of more than 2,000 off the price of a new one with fewer options. he wrote back:

Yes they are brand new though and you have used yours I am a genuine buyer I did not get much in offer for mine too thats the way it is . if you would like me to concider may be once i look at it i might be able to improve my offer .I would like to look at it tmw let me know when.

so i told him he could meet me at my office or at b's place in the evening. to which he replied:

I can look at it some place in o.p or olathe cant go to down town sorry or any other place.

then i was all, "sorry it's a good car, too bad you can't come down here to see it."

and he replies:
Well down town is just too much out of the way o/wise would have if we can meet some place in between i m interested.

hmmm....

5 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can you drive it down to Oklahoma? I might be interested. HA! What a doof! Maybe he can get a dealership to drive one to his doorstep?
    ~Tara

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger "The D" said…

    Tell him you'll take his price but he MUST bring it in CASH! (In quarters for your laundry. If you need quarters for laundry, I don't know.)

    None of that cashiers check, junk!

    Why can't he get downtown? That's what I want to know.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lowball and he wants to you to come to him? I think your reply was appropriate.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is why trading it in sometimes is worth the hassle of setting up a buyer etc...

    Don't forget to go get a bill of sale from the DMV and have your buyer sign it. You only pay taxes on the difference....

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    Dude! That was email communication? WTF? (Sorry...I know how you don't like the cussing, but seriously? That's how that guy was writing? Since when did it become too much trouble to write out the word "tomorrow"???

    Well, I guess for someone that is too troubled to drive downtown from Olathe, it might be too much trouble to actually write out the word "otherwise" or use punctuation now and again. Dope.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home