they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

wherin it's confirmed my doctor is a butt hole.

i'm getting a second opinion on thursday. for the IC. so i needed my medical records from my current IC doc. first, i had to PAY to have them sent to me. 15 sweet dollars. but they made it to my mailbox and today, i opened them.

that's when i began to read all of his "notes" on "patient." let's just say they were less than nice. filled with judgment. including lines like, "patient is not willing to take medication that will sedate her or cause weight gain. so this will make her treatment difficult."
that line doesn't seem too bad until you read this one, "patient came to me with lots of questions. spent 35 minutes answer her inquiries. it is clear that she doesn't listen well and picks and chooses what she wants to hear."

what?

anyway, i'm furious. because his entire staff has read this book of notes on me in order to "figure out" how to best treat me. and since i don't just nod my head and say, "yes, doctor, put me on 13 prescriptions, give me chemo and make me gain 40 pounds," they think i'm difficult.

last i checked, that's just called being my own advocate.

seriously. i'm fuming.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Molly Jane said…

    What a d-bag.

    That is all.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    You're like Elaine from Seinfeld! (Which isn't a good thing, btw.)

    That isn't right, Jessi. I'm so sorry! I hope you're able to find someone that can help you with your problem, and who isn't a judgemental asshole while he/she does it.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Spyder said…

    Time to find a new dr. And write him a new note asking where his compassion & bed side manners are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home