they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

yes, please.

i have this problem. i love dashboard confessional. i know i'm out of their target demographic. i'm not an emo kid. i'm not even an emo early 20-something. but deep in my heart, i have a too-cool-for-school nose ring, black polished fingernails and an edgy shag haircut.

dashboard's latest offering, dusk and summer, is reason enough to be obsessed. the thing about this album though, is that it sounds totally unoriginal. but they have never sounded so good.

the alternative press says "Dusk And Summer is proof that Carrabba's ability to drop hugely emotive choruses into three-minute pop songs has become its own form of classic American songwriting."

emotive. now there's a word that meant nothing 12 years ago when these songs should have tugged on my heartstrings. but while i'm pushing 27, my heartstrings are being tugged. and it feels good.

oh, and the "emotive" duet with adam duritz was just a sweet surprise to this wanna be emo-chick.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I almost got myself killed at El Torreon three years ago when the punk kids saw that I was leaving the show after DC played. They accused me of being a total wuss because I wasn't sticking around for the sets of the hardcore bands. They were right.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    If you're looking for other unoriginal-yet-utterly-addictive bands, I suggest checking out the Redwalls. I know you can find them on emusic.com. Probably other places as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home