they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, July 24, 2006

oh, kansas city, you're so stupid.

It took me 50 minutes to get to work today. It usually takes 12. Why the long commute, you ask? Because Kansas City is stupid. More than 100,000 cars are to be re-routed for up to three months off of I-35. Off of the route that half the city takes to get to work. Off of my self-proclaimed “fastest route to work.” This is going to be great. It was especially great this morning when I was stuck underneath one of those cement overpasses — the ones that look eerily similar to the one that COLLAPSED in Boston. I was under it for five minutes. And I started to think about it killing me. About how if it broke, I would be dead in an instant. I started to sweat and get uncomfortable and I had to roll down my window. The only comforting factor was how quick of a death it would be. I was mad at the city and at the inconvenience and all I could think about was how that stupid poorly constructed overpass could collapse and kill me at any moment. It was the same trapped, crazy feeling I get when I'm stuck under Bartle Hall. Yes, I might be slightly insane, but I'm not the only one. Check this out. And check out some alternate routes to work tomorrow and the next day and the next month and so on. And love it. LOVE IT.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, they FINALLY did it. They FINALLY killed my fucking car.

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    louie,
    i don't get it???
    :)
    explain, please.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home