they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

on Malcom X, kissing and being 12.

The first time I watched Malcom X, I was in seventh grade and I made out with my boyfriend through its entire four hours. The second time I saw it, I was a bit more alert and able to make intelligent decisions. I thought about it for weeks afterward.

The first time I watched Chaplin, I was in seventh grade and I made out with the same boyfriend during its entire four hour playing time. I never saw Chaplin a second time.

We used to choose the longest movies because our parents would drop us off when the movie started, and pick us up as soon as it was over. We figured four-hour flicks gave us the most “together” time. This really meant alone time. Time for making out. Only, I had a strict fear of tongues. And I made it clear, from day one, that I would not French kiss him. In fact, one day after school was out but before volley ball practice, we had planned to meet in the stairwell and have our first kiss. Actually, our friends set it up, we were just supposed to show up and lock lips. I waited in that stairwell for what seemed like hours. I was nervous and sweaty and thankful that I had just gotten contacts so I didn’t have to worry about my glasses bumping his. He showed up right on schedule and he didn’t even say hello. We didn’t say anything at first. Just looked at each other. And if he was feeling at all similar to what I was feeling, he wanted to run away and hide. I was sure I would puke any second. But I had to tell him. I didn’t want to be a tease. And so, I said, and I quote, “Just so you know, I am not going to French kiss you.” And that was that. He stood on his toes (because I think I was taller than him) and gave me the shortest peck I have ever received.

So those four-hour makeout sessions were really just a mess of lips and lips. No tongue. No spit. It was pretty hard to keep a continuous flow of kissing going because of my strict rule. But somehow, we managed. We must have looked like idiots.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i wasn't your first kiss? I'm so sad now. ahhhh.... red bridge. :)

    (you know who this is)

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    you were my second kiss. i hope that's comforting. plus, i stil had no idea what i was doing, as was obvious by my performance.
    so, it was just like a first kiss.
    and the adam's family movie is as good as malcom x or chaplin, just not as long. :)

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think when i saw milla jojovich in chaplin was when i knew i would never be gay.

    your "performance"? whatever. you were HOT. SMOOCH.

    (same)

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Brad said…

    That's really funny. I don't think I even felt my first kiss because I was too nervous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home