they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

to prove i'm slighlty insane

1. We keep our coffee in the freezer. Somehow, coffee grounds have gotten all over the place in there. Instead of cleaning it, I don’t let strangers look in there. You have to be a really good friend before you get freezer-opening privileges.

2. The bathroom remodel is almost finished. But to go with the shabby chic shower curtain, wainscoting and accessories, I fear I picked a drastically wrong shade of green. My neighbor told me the shade of green looks like mashed-up peas. I think it looks like baby poop. I plan to just “live with it.”

3. I’ve developed a newfound love of pickled beets. I buy a jar a week and eat them plain. Straight out of the jar. Just me, a fork and the slightly sweet, slightly salty purple yummies.

4. I just made up the word “yummies.”

5. Speaking of yummy, I was suckered into buying some of Yummy’s Choice jalapeno shatta from the grocery store this weekend. And I must say, the exorbitant $6 price is some of the best money I’ve spent lately. I can’t get enough.

6. My ringtone is currently “Don’t Wait” by Dashboard Confessional. Before that, it was “Gold Digger.” That’s right. Holla back.

7. Today, I have been listening to “Either Way” by Guster obsessively.
Tomorrow, I hope to find another deeply depressing song to propel me through my day.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger cmccown said…

    For depressing songs, I've lately enjoyed "Mad World" by Gary Jules.

    As for coffee in the freezer...I am reminded of one of my favorite T-shirts. "I like my women like my coffee...ground and in the freezer."

    It's sick, but, you know.

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Eeew, Chase.

    Anyway, Jessi, regarding your previous post about getting back into running, you should check out this story from Women's Health about a former running addict. It's a good read and reminded me a lot of what you've been going through.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    chase, gross. but thanks for sharing.

    sarah, wow. what an inspiring story. thanks for the link and for thinking of me. it was good for my soul to read that.
    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home