they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

turning older.

my birthday is on sunday.
i am turning 31.
31.
holy, shit.
i am turning 31.
i remember turning 21.
i remember what i drank, who came to my birthday dinner, what gifts i received.
my dad threw me a family brunch. at filios. there were like 30 of us. and mimosas. i think i had a mimosa.

last year, i turned 30. i was on the brink of landing my dream job. i was on the brink of getting engaged. my bad haircut was growing out. things were looking up.

this year, i'm not feeling as optimistic.

and my head. oh, my head.
it's so stuffed
up
i can't
breathe.

and i'm really hoping that by sunday
or saturday, even,
i'm cured.

please, god.
send me a cure.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Faith said…

    So the bagel chips weren't the cure? Booo!

    Ok, maybe some awesome chicken soup? But you're vegetarian, right? Shit. Ok, how about some awesome tomato soup instead? ::looks hopeful::

    I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! I also wish you wouldn't feel so crummy about getting older. It's really not that bad. Here's to hoping your 31st is just the way you want it to be! ::hugs::

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Christine in Jackson said…

    Happy Birthday Jess,

    Hope the day will filled with joyful celebrations and sweet moments with loved ones.

    Christine

     

Post a Comment

<< Home