they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Sunday, October 03, 2010

choices.

life keeps teaching me that i don't have control. sure, i can choose what to do in each moment, when options are presented to me. but those options? not in my control.

i can choose how to react. how to feel.
to move on or to stay stuck on a negative thought or feeling.
to open my mind to possibilities or to close it.

those are my choices.

the others are not.

this weekend, i chose to run 12 miles. i chose to clean the house and go grocery shopping. to buy a birthday gift for b, to eat the lentil burger at blanc, see 'the social network,' have our first fire of the season, embrace the weather change. simply, i chose to call my life beautiful, and to enjoy it.

b's birthday is friday. i can't believe it's been a year since the last one.

a year full of changes and growing and learning. but mostly, a year full of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home