they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

and so it goes.

yesterday, i cried spontaneously three times. i felt talentless and frustrated and i just really needed something good to happen.

today, something good happened.

i had a great meeting with a creative director at an agency i would kill to work at. and by "kill" i mean i would "die" for the chance. and by "die" i mean i would like very much to work there and landing there might be the highlight of my year. (the year is yet to be over, but so far, this year has been, well, you know...)

and he liked my work. a lot. and he told me this. more than once. and on the inside i was thinking, "yeah, YEAH, yeah, someone LIKES my work today. yes! whoohooo!!!! and at an agency i dream about. and omg did he really just say it was great? and wow, is this really going so well? and also, it smells like bacon in here and i really want some bacon and whoa, this is exhausting, putting myself out there like this and wow, nice icebreaker that we can talk about running and gosh, i'm so glad i'm a runner and he's a runner and it's like this bond..."

and on the outside i was all, "thanks. yes of course. i'll follow-up for sure. thanks for your time." but i think maybe he saw the light in my eyes.

so i learned a lesson - yet again. this rollercoaster of unemployment is, exactly that, a rollercoaster. one day, i'm in a pit - and the next, as cheesy as it sounds, i'm on cloud 9.

so no matter where this goes, i have to remember. someone today liked my work. someone whose opinion i value. someone who knows good work when he sees it. someone who was kind enough to meet with me. on a tuesday. in the middle of a busy schedule. because he liked my work.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yea!! Good luck!! I hope you land the job : )

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Donna. W said…

    I'm saying a prayer and crossing my fingers and toes for you.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    That was one of the most accurate descriptions of unemployment I've read.

    Rollercoaster.

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous LOL said…

    yeah but after you left, we googled your name, found this blog, and basically laughed our asses off at your instability.

    so, anyway, good luck.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    wrong, they called me back.

    what in the hell is wrong with you?

     
  • At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    he's 15. or at least his mentality is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home