they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

good.

this week has been good for my soul.

i met with someone who is pretty high up at an agency in town that i would LOVE to work for. he helped me make some great connections there. a few people have agreed to let me buy them coffee so that we can meet. and another actually told me that he likes my work. a lot. he said, "a lot." man, that just about melted me.

that same day, i met with two other pretty cool people who are starting something really great in town and sought me out because they thought my work was "great." they said "great."
and um, yeah, that felt good.

because, see, i know my work is great. i know i have good stuff. i know i am talented. but after nearly 9 months of unemployment, it's easy to forget.

thanks to this week, i've been reminded.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home