they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

on the right foot.

as i was walking into work today, a street sweeper pulled out of the garage and sent a cloud of dust into the air. i had to walk through it.

about a minute later, as i walked to my desk, i knocked a whiteboard off the wall. somehow.

ten minutes later, i was standing at the all-agency meeting, sipping my coffee when i dripped some. down the front of my new shirt. as i looked down to survey the damage, i noticed that in the fifteen minute it took me to put my shoes on, get in my car and get into work, i managed to scuff my new red patent leather shoe. on the top. an ugly white mark on the magnificent, glossy red, pointy toe. the toe of the left shoe -- a reminder that today, i did not start off on the right foot.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home