they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

dreaming.

when i have too much time to think, i often determine that one of the following fashion-life paths is where i should reside.
instead, i missed the boat and settled on ordinary, slightly trendy, somewhat-styled, mostly comfortableness. it's an awkward middle-ground.

i wish i was the personification of vintage fashion.
my closet would be full of incredible outfits and handbags and shoes.
i also wish money grew on trees.
then my windows would be outfitted in drapes made of scrumptious fabric. and my bed would automatically double in size, grow a headboard and sport a fluffy, down comforter.

i just used the adjective "scrumptious" to modify the noun "fabric." okay then.

other times, i want to cut my hair into a retro shag, dye it purple/red, get a tattoo sleeve, wear severe eye makeup and drive a restored 1967 mustang convertible. it would be turquoise. or pink.

i would perfect the art of tearing fishnets in just the right spot to accent my hardware-heavy black knee boots. i'd wear dark red lipstick and leather wrist cuffs. i'd dabble in the art of wearing really short, jagged bangs. i'd always be the perfect combination of artsy and trashy. my mustang convertible, by the way, would have white leather seats.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Edward said…

    I've just found your blog, and was amazed that not only is one of your favourite books jon macgregor's "if nobody speaks of remarkable things", but also that we both love running, running and running. How cool is that?

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i love this - wouldn't it be nice to be able to have time and money and sanity to change styles everyday...? :)

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger FUZZBUG said…

    Be the person you always want to be, I'll be right there to support you.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Author said…

    If I close my eyes I can see all the manifestations. However... if I look into my fashion twilight zone, I only see a black leather cod piece followed by a flowing rabbit skin cape and I'd be meandering through portly crowds at the renaissance festival. Okay, not a pretty sight. You're way better at this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home