they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

a side note.

i love when people give their dogs distinctly human names. i've always thought that if i got another dog, i'd like to name it stan. i named my first dog charlotte and i almost named little gussy steve instead. but, i didn't want to insult my uncle steve. so, i used that moniker for my fish. anyway, you can imagine my delight while, when searching petfinder.com, i came across a group of saint bernard dogs available for adoption named chris, brad, mark and jeff. the idea of introducing a dog in the following way makes me squirm with satisfaction. "Hi there, yes you can pet Jeff. Jeff is very good with children and only bites when his tail is pulled." oh, the simple joys.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    funny. i love that, too. i have had samantha, althea and phillip as names for my animals in the past. phillip, by far, was the name that made me smile the most when i introduced him. :)

    (he and althea were the two i lost custody of...)

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    Our Jack Russell's name is Dexter. Fits him to a T.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Chimpotle said…

    We have a cat named Larry. He's a dirtbag.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my pug is evie..somewhat a normal human name.
    a friend i grew up with had a cat named Maisy....she then had a baby girl...and named her Maisy too. weird.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    Ok, you're going from a pug to a SAINT BERNARD?? You are a brave lady.

    But then again, I want my household to consist of me, the fiance, our first puppy Izzy (about 15 pounds now), and a Newfoundland in the near future. (Izzy needs a friend...) So I guess I'm one to talk, eh? :D

    Our newf we had when I was growing up was named Tara. "Lady Tara of Arrowhead Woods" to be exact. She was bred from champion dogs, so we had to give her a ridiculous name like that, according to the store we bought her from. And she was the sweetest, most lovely dog ever. Slobber, hair, and all!

    I'd love to meet Jeff the dog in the future. That'd be awesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home