they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

the way i see it

1. i've been reading a lot of blogs about people wanting to lose weight. and some of these people are having trouble dropping pounds. the thing that worries me is that a lot of people are drastically cutting calories. physiologically, when your body takes in too few calories, it goes into starvation mode and holds onto whatever you feed it for fear that it won't be fed again. for real, people. so don't cut those calories back too far. just don't. it throws your metabolism all out of whack.

2. i hate the words "moist" "teddy" and "panties." there, now i never have to say them again.

3. i have to go to the eye doctor today. i hate going because it always takes too long. i've been visiting the optometrist since i was 4, and i've always hated it.

4. i don't mind going to the dentist.

5. i'm really craving fish and chips. other than the obvious (LJS), where can i get me some fried delights?

6. i sometimes enjoy saying things like "get me some" even though i know they are incorrect forms of my beloved english language.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    1. I hope I'm one of the ones that you see as doing it the right way. Cutting back to 1200 - 1300 calories is a normal amount to cut back to when trying to lose weight. If I'm losing too much each week, eDiets.com has a pop-up that asks me if I want to re-evaluate the amount of calories I'm taking in, so I can adjust to lose the proper 1 - 3 pounds a week instead of losing too much at once. It's a very smart system for something that's so hands-off, IMO. I think that cutting back to less than 1200 a day would be TORTURE, and losing weight too fast (especially at my size) causes skin to sag and bag, and that AIN'T pretty. Jason Mulgrew is an idiot, and I wish he would post some before and after pics already. (Not that his site is the one you're refering to...but he is doing a very stupid "diet" thing that I don't think is a good idea.)

    5. The Blue Moose. Awesome fish & chips. Well worth the price, the calories, everything...I love them! (And not just cuz the boyfriend is a chef there! I swear...Plus, he's on vacation as of today, so someone else will be making them anyway.)

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    you're not one of the ones. i like the blue moose in general, and i may need to try their fish and chips. sounds.so.good.

    even on a day i'm not running ;)

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger FUZZBUG said…

    2. Or just hear others talk about a moist cake of a teddy in panties?

    5. You should try a fish taco! As far as fried delights, McCoys always has great fried goodness. Or join my girlfriend in bugging me to cook shit.

    6. really who dosen't. Saying, "gotta get me some", just puts a smile on the face from the doing. No worries.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger noapostrophe said…

    Personally, I don't understand how people starve themselves. If I'm awake, I'm hungry. When I feel flabby and I've ruled out the monthly water retention excuse, I just eat more vegetables and less bread and make sure I get two full heart-pumping hours of cardio a week. People who lose 40 lbs in six weeks worry me.

    Mmm fish and chips. I was craving pizza, but now I've changed my mind. I know fish tacos are probably good, but the fact that both can refer to female genitalia, I'll pass.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home