they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, August 14, 2006

ah.

I think I sprained my hand. I don’t recall how. I think it happened at Costco, and no, I hadn’t been drinking. I remember holding something in an awkward fashion, feeling my hand strain and then thinking “this will probably hurt tomorrow.”
Sure enough, it did hurt. It still hurts. I am a total baby.

On a higher note though, the caramel apple pie from Costco is totally worth that $7.99. It’s big enough to feed 20 or more and if you heat it up and put whipped cream on top, it’s pretty much heaven on a plate.

Speaking of hell on a plate, a few weeks ago, I made corn salsa with jalapenos and tomatoes and onions and other salsa stuff. I’m a pretty first-rate cook and it was pretty good, so I shoveled it in with hardly a breath in between bites until it hit me. The hottest feeling my mouth had ever experienced. My eyes watered, my lips were cherry red and even though I hate milk, I chugged it out of the bottle due to its pepper oil-cooling properties.

Okay, this weekend, I went to buy some jalapenos again. Only I realized that they put habaneros where the jalapenos usually go. No wonder my salsa was so hot. It was full of habaneros instead. I will never. Do. That. Again.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger FUZZBUG said…

    Yea, remind me to tell you when I accidentally rub Habanaro Pepper oil in my eyes.

    That sucked.

    And we totally faked the moon landing, you CT you.

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    You poor thing! That must've sucked big time! I like things sorta hot, but not too hot to taste the good stuff along with them. And even with jalapenos, I remove the seeds and the ribs before I chop them. I've never added a habanero to anything, but I love using jalapenos when they're called for. Salsa sounds yummy!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home