they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

How to use sarcasm to win my heart.

My contacts felt funny in my eyes this morning when I woke up. They felt even funnier as I ate a handful of dry cereal and talked (yes, talked) to Gus. We talked about how his morning was going and if he needed to go outside to go potty. After deciding that he was going to be stubborn and hold his “potty” for a bit, I thought I should probably take my contacts out to clean them. That’s when I looked in the mirror and saw an alien looking back. My eyes were swollen and puffy and they’d never been swollen or puffy before. I didn’t know what to do, so I went to the freezer, grabbed a frozen bag of edamame, and stood there with the bag to my face. It didn’t help. So, hoping for a bit of concern, I asked Nick what I should do. “Live life,” he said. Great. Thanks Mr. Sarcastic. Next time, I’ll just stick to Gus and the edamame for my answer. So, I’m wearing my glasses, which make me feel like I’m 12 again. But, thanks to Nick, I’ve decided to go ahead and live life today. Who knew his answer would ring so true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home