they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Goodbye, old friend.

This is my quilt. It is old and worn and I sleep with it every night because, I've always slept with some sort of security blanket. (Yes, I am almost 26-years-old, but who's counting?) Gus likes to chew on the strands of the quilt that are loose and I was afraid that maybe, he was eating the quilt. But, until last night, I had no proof. My self-inflicted innocense was shattered when I found a pile of undigested quilt strands that Gus had thrown up in the backyard. I felt sick and selfish and immediately decided that it was finally time to part with my old friend. I cuddled with it one last time, snapped a photo and walked it outside to the large yardwaste trashcan on the driveway. I knew if I threw it there, I would be less likely to try to retrieve it in the middle of the night when I wasn't feeling as secure as normal. And I'm happy to report that this morning, the trashcan is where the quilt remains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home