they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, February 15, 2010

it's official, my house is making me sick.

just got my back pricked 80+ times at the allergist. i am allergic to :
dogs
cats
dust
dust mites
and mold

i live in an old house. with dust. and i have a dog and a cat. but i've been miserable lately. clogged sinuses. headaches. i can rarely breathe out of my nose.

getting rid of the pets is not an option. it's just not. they bring us too much joy.

the allergist suggested allergy shots. once a week. this sounds like a prison sentence to me. once a week. at the doctor. getting a shot.

the only other option is lots of OTC allergy meds that mask the symptoms.

i need help!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger elovewilson said…

    b has to take claritin once a day for the same reasons...it does help him though...

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well... when I say this, I'm pretty sure everyone is more responsible than I, but, when's the last time you changed you air filter?

    I know it's pretty dumb to ask. I mean, who doesn't change it on a regular basis? I mean, aside from me.

    But I hadn't changed mine in sometime (I won't say how long), miserable, then got off my lazy ass, and I breath better, feel so much better... as does my power bill.

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Anonymous PlazaJen said…

    I'm allergic to the same stuff, plus a couple trees & grasses, I think. No cats for us, that one's too high for both of us, but we're the same way with dogs - no way are they leaving! I take a daily generic Allegra, it seems to do the job.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    I'm with Anonymous up there. I was feeling miserable and nasty back when we were going through the construction on the house, and I thought it was from the ugly nasty roof in one of our bedrooms that got damaged when they removed the outer wall to the house right before a huge storm moved in.

    Turned out we needed to change our filter. It was frightening how quickly I felt better! We change ours every 3 months now, but when the construction was going on, we did it monthly. With the expensive kinds of filters, just in case.

    But also? The stress you're going through with the wedding plans and the job stuff? That could do a doozy on your internal workings as well, I'd think. I hope you feel better soon! ::hugs::

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Kat said…

    The husband is allergic to dogs, cats, and just about everything else. He knew I'd sooner replace him than the animals. So he goes in for weekly shots....when he's good and remembers. After awhile, some clinics let you administer your own shots.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home