they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, February 08, 2010

changing.

i used to prefer to run in the spring. in shorts. and a tank. maybe arm-warmers. down streets filled with sunshine. past yards wearing jackets of newly-sprouted grass and blooming tulips. breathing freely the morning air fragranced with dew and honey.

but now, winter's my favorite running season. black heat-capturing dryfit clinging to my legs. my torso covered in layers. black hat keeping in the heat. gloves with tread in case i fall. crunching through autumn's carelessly kept leaves that keep emerging from snow-covered yards. picking those annoying and spiky balls from the sole of my shoe every mile or so. and then realizing, they're called gumballs. my favorite treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home