they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Friday, October 05, 2007

seriously.

it is 1:20 on friday. i took today off because i needed to tie up some loose ends. i had no idea my day would turn out like it has. please, dear Internet, humor me with sympathy.

7:40 a.m., wake up. then realize that i can sleep in today if i want. fall back asleep.



8:30 a.m., wake up with list of things to get done running through my head. figure i might as well get started.



9:15 a.m., 4-mile run on very hilly course. the first hill exhausts me. there were 6 more.



10:00 a.m., after the run and the cool-down walk, i enter my apartment to find that i have to electricity. no Internet. no air conditioning. no lights. no cold refrigerator. nothing.



10:05 a.m., as i look to my cell phone ( i don't have a land line) to call my apartment office to figure what in the heck is up, i realize that it has died. my cell phone. completely dead. this is when i began to freak out a bit.



10:15 a.m., after the apartment office manager told me to call the electric company on my own to let them know of the outage, i jump in my car to head to Tmobile. halfway there i realize that my car is running on fumes.



10:30 a.m.., arrive at Tmobile location, wait for 20 minutes to find out i need to go to another location.



10:50 a.m., fill my tank at quick trip. go inside to pay and avoid near death by a white civic that wasn't watching where it was going.



11:00 a.m., the correct Tmobile location gives me a loaner phone. and though my hot pink dead phone was still under warranty, i reluctantly agree to pay the $15 shipping to get a new one.



11:30 a.m., stop at target to get things like a file cabinet and a new top (what? i was stressed and needed some clothing therapy.)



12 noon, back at the apartment that has full power (yay) i think "okay, i'll take a shower and nothing else will go wrong today."



12:45 p.m., i have to pee, so i do. and when i flush, the toilet clogs and overflows leaving 3 inches of water on the bathroom floor.



12:46 p.m., call apartment manager that was rude to me earlier. maintenance is sent up.



12:50 p.m., maintenance arrives, says they don't have a wet/dry vac and that i should use my own towels to clean up the water. (the pee water, mind you.)



1:15 p.m., still waiting for maintenance to arrive with the "snake" to get to the bottom of the most easily clogged toilet ever.



1:18 p.m, they are snaking my toilet. i hear things like "holly!" "what, it's stuck." and "OH!"







maybe i should just go back to bed.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the blatant metaphor in the toilet overflowing, too. It practically writes itself!

    The advantage of experiencing so much nonsense in so short a time is that your weekend should be nothing but sunshine, rainbows and unicorns.

    My advice: clean the floor, throw the towels in the wash, then leave that apartment and do something fun for at least four hours.

     
  • At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    did you ever get your tattoo?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home