they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

cold turkey.

i quit running.

kicked it to the curb.

told it i'd see it never.

said i hoped the door didn't hit it on its way out.

then, i took off my shoes, rolled out my yoga mat and started remember what it felt like to feel good.

seriously, guys. i quit.

for now i'm enjoying power yoga, hot yoga and lots (and lots) of walking.

it's been about a month and already, my body is transforming. my arms are defined again. my posture has improved and my anxiety has decreased.

and, apparently, i sound like an infomercial.

yay!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger jami said…

    glad you are feeling better...any reason in particular you quit? other than the fact that quitting has made you feel so much better.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    thanks, jami. i really just quit because i wasn't enjoying it anymore - mostly because it was hurting more than it should.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home