they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, October 17, 2011

9 years later.

last weekend, i introduced b to farout field. have i mentioned that he's a diehard jayhawk? we went to columbia for the centennial anniversary of homecoming. it had been 9 years since my last homecoming game. so i wore black and gold. and when i saw these columns, as i always do, i cried.

i'm not sure what causes my eyes to fill with tears. it's probably something different each time. i think that, maybe, this time it was more of a release. bringing b to a place so dear to my heart was healing. a way of bringing my college experience and my current life together. it felt good to be at those columns as the woman i am today. wiser, less broken, healing, still anxious, but filled with more hope.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope one day I get to do the same.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger pom. said…

    when my sis in law graduated from vet school earlier this year it was my first time on MU's campus and those columns made me feel all .. excited! like ahh, college! so much potential! heh.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Joe Viviano said…

    Pensive Girl--

    Thanks for sharing. I currently attend KU (insert boos and hisses here), but I've been on the beautiful MU campus multiple times. My dad is a proud alumnus of MU, and quite honestly, it's a excellent school.

    I wish the Tigers would stay in the Big 12 so the KU/MU rivalry doesn't have to end after so many years of tradition.

    -Joe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home