they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

ouch.

i put on a hairnet. and some booties to cover my feet. and i walked into this sterile, stark room where a chair remained empty until i sat in it. my blood pressure was 110 over 60. from the running.

i got a shot. and then i felt pressure as the doctor sliced the shape of an eyelid out of my shoulder. that's how much space he needed to remove the mole completely. once it was out, he stitched me. stitches that will dissolve on the inside. and several that won't on the outside. i left with a prescription for Tylenol 3 and strict orders to do nothing strenuous including bending over for two weeks.

my blood pressure is 110 over 60. from the running. bending over is nowhere in my definition of strenuous activity.

this is going to be one of the longest two weeks of my life.

oh, and it hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home