they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

24 hours.

today i woke up and my fingers were all bloated. i know this because my ring was harder to get over my knuckle than normal.

and then i went downstairs and made coffee. french press. a cup for me and a cup for b. with organic half-and-half and agave.

while it brewed, i checked all the sites i check first thing every day.

i found out that it might rain tonight. and tomorrow.

then i took a shower, got ready for work, kissed my dog, said, "hey, puja" to the cat and went off.

off to a new desk in a new cube in a new office flanked with new windows and light and life.

monday, i'll bring in a few things of my own.

my thesaurus.

a photo or two.

maybe my plant.

or a poster.

my best of show addy.

at work, i wrote and thought and listened to the elliot smith station on lastfm.

and found this really great site where artists cover leonard cohen and INXS songs.

and walked to the drug store and to get a salad and back.

which is when the wind nearly blew me into the street.

and i almost got hit by a car.

true story. but not in that order.

tonight i'll enjoy a glass (or two) of wine. an hour (or two) of tv. maybe a walk. maybe a run.

and tomorrow is friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home