they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

day two.

and yes, i plan to do this every day until it's over.

i woke up at 7:45 today and took a shower. this is a big deal, because yesterday, i didn't. i couldn't muster it.

after straightening my hair and putting makeup on, i put on workout clothes, because i can. and i went to have coffee with a friend. that was nice. and a rare treat to do so at 10:30 a.m. then, at noon, my dad bought me lunch.

during the course of the day, i applied for about four jobs, worked on my portfolio and watched oprah. it was about saving money when cooking. i am now determined to begin using my slow-cooker.

i went to the gym earlier than normal, and had my pick of treadmills. even my favorite was available. and tonight, i had small group. where for an entire hour, i got to vent, talk about frustrations and emotions and good things and bad things and where god is in all of this, and they listened and encouraged me and it felt so good.

and now i'm home. ready to face another day of unknown -- i think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home