they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

love.

i love pickled herring. who's with me?
did you know you can buy close to a half gallon of it at costco? neither did i until today.

when i saw it hanging out in the pot stickers aisle, i squealed with delight and proclaimed to B, "they have pickled herring!" he didn't care.

anyway, i bought a jar of it, which i opened the second i got home. i quickly ate three pieces before rushing out the door to make my client meeting.

oh, how i'm craving more.

my breath smells nice, too.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    I have never, ever had pickled herring.

    I like smoked salmon...is it similar? Because it scares me that it's in a jar. It really does.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    oh, faith...my innocent dear faith.

    it tastes nothing like smoked salmon, which i love as well.

    you should try it though. just don't get mad at me if you don't like it :)

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love pickled herring! Also love tiny tins of sardines in tomato sauce. My co-workers? Not so much...

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    ::shuts eyes and shakes head back and forth:: I don't think I can do it! It's in a JAR, PG!

    It skeers me.

    What do you eat it with? Toast? Cheez Its? Apples?

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love it, but the CostCo-sized jar has been my undoing. :)
    People do think it's vile, but I grew up with it, so it seems a-ok to me. There's a bar in Minneapolis that cracks it out during happy hour. Mmmm.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home